Shalom, everyone! The following is a video presentation from Atlanta Black Star called “10 Facts About The Arab Enslavement Of Black People Not Taught In Schools.” Much has been documented and taught about the Transatlantic Slave Trade conducted by European Christians. There is, however, another slave trade of Africans, which predates the European enslavement of our people and still continues even to this day (Libya, Tunisia, etc.), yet it is not taught in schools. It is barely mentioned in the media, and not many books have been written about it: The Arab/Muslim Slave Trade.
The Arabs/Muslims began widescale capture, enslavement, and trafficking of Africans sometime in the late 7th century CE. Millions of Africans were captured during jihad waged on the African continent, first in northern Africa, then in eastern, western and central Africa. They were then trafficked across the Sahara to destinations all over the Muslim world, ending up as slaves in regions and countries from Morocco all the way east to Southeast Asia. The Arab Slave Trade predates the Transatlantic Slave Trade by more than 700 years. The Arab Slave Trade influenced Europeans to target Black Africans as slave labor.
The following are the ten cruel facts about the Arab Slave Trade not taught in schools:
- The number of people enslaved: Estimates range from 10 million to over 20 million Africans enslaved by Arab slave traders;
- Arab enslavers practiced genetic warfare: 6 of every 10 blacks boy between the ages of 8 and 12 had both their scrotums and penises removed, preventing them from reproducing;
- Arab Slave Trade inspired Arab racism towards Blacks;
- Arabs enslavers targeted black women for rape;
- Arab Slave Trade ushered in the European Slave Trade of Africans;
- The Arab Slave Trade sparked one of the largest slave rebellions in history: The Zanj Rebellion, 869 – 883 CE;
- Arab enslavers avoided teaching Africans to Islam to justify their enslavement: It is forbidden to enslave a fellow freeborn Muslim;
- The Arab Slave Trade is more than twice as long as Transatlantic Slave Trade;
- Arab Slave Trade allowed more upward mobility than the European Slave Trade;
- Arab Slave Trade was not limited to Africa or skin color: Non-Muslims were enslaved, whether black or white.
The truth is none of the so-called “Abrahamic” faiths are the friend of Africans. All three, Christianity, Islam and Judaism have our blood on their hands. All three have manipulated the Torah to justify our enslavement and oppression. All the three have slandered us and told vicious lies against as a people. All three have enriched their coffers from our labor and misery. All three have committed heinous crimes against us for which they have neither apologized nor given any restitution. It is time that the African Diaspora wholeheartedly reject these three so-called “Abrahamic” religions and return to the true culture of our ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – the African culture. In later posts, we will discuss the timeline of the Arab/Muslim Slave Trade.
The number of people enslaved by Muslims has been a hotly debated topic, especially when the millions of Africans forced from their homelands are considered. Some historians estimate that between A.D. 650 and 1900, 10 to 20 million people were enslaved by Arab slave traders. Others believe over 20 million enslaved Africans alone had been delivered through the trans-Sahara route alone to the Islamic world.
10 Facts About The Arab Enslavement Of Black People Not Taught In Schools
Video from Atlanta Black Star/YouTube